Bhel Puri is one of the most popular snacks in India.
In Mumbai, we get two types of Bhel Puris – Sukha Bhel (Dry Bhel) and Geela Bhel (Wet Bhel).
Sukha Bhel, as the name suggests, doesn’t require any special Chutneys or other ingredients.
For Geela Bhel, you will need to use Tamarind Chutney, Garlic Chutney, and Coriander Chutney to get those typical Chaat-like flavors and taste.
So, in the following post, I have shared a simple and easy to make Sukha Bhel Puri recipe.
And I’m sure you will love this recipe, as most of the ingredients are generally available in all grocery shops. You don’t have to prepare anything extra in advance for this recipe.
Now, let’s begin with the recipe –
Sukha Bhel Recipe
- 25 gm Murmura (Salted Puffed Rice)
- 1/2 Potato boiled and peeled
- 3-4 tbsp Peanuts roasted
- 1/2 Tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 5 gm Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5-6 Puris deep fried Papdis
- 1 tbsp Masala Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp Sev
- Boil a Potato in a pressure cooker. Peel and chop it into pieces once cooled down.
- Now, get a Mixing Bowl and add the Murmuras, Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes, Boiled Potato Pieces, Chopped Green Chilies, Roasted Peanuts, Masala Chana Dal, Crushed Puris, Red Chili Powder, Chopped Coriander Leaves, Sev, and Salt into it.
- Mix all these ingredients well.
- Add the Chaat Masala and Lemon Juice to it.
- Mix again nicely.
- Get a serving bowl or plate, and add the prepared Bhel into it.
- Garnish your Sukha Bhel with Sev, Coriander Leaves, and a couple of Puris. You can also sprinkle some Chaat Masala if you like.
Sukha Bhel Puri recipe can be modified in as many ways as possible.
Here are a couple of must-try variations for you –
In this variation, you can add any of your favorite boiled Sprouts like Moong and Chana.
Just make sure you completely remove the excess water from them.
Otherwise, the Murmuras will soak all the water from Onions, Tomatoes, and Sprouted Beans.
You can also have this Bhel for breakfast, as it gives you a good amount of Carbohydrates and Proteins.
Lemon Bhel is a great variation for Sukha Bhel Puri.
For this recipe, you will need to prepare a Tadka with Turmeric Powder. Once the Tadka is ready, pour it on the Murmuras and mix it well.
Later, you can add the fried Peanuts, Sev, Masala Chana Dal (Optional), Lemon Juice, and Salt as per your taste.
Simple, isn’t it?
So, do try this version of Sukha Bhel and let me know how it turns out.
This Bhel is also known as Surti Bhel in the Gujarati community of India.
Also Read: Bhadang Recipe