Masala Peanuts Recipe
Masala Peanuts is a tea-time snack in India. It is often made using Gram Flour batter, Indian spice, and raw Peanuts/Groundnuts.
- 100 gm Peanuts (Singdana/Shengdana)
- 3-4 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder) optional
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required
Get some Peanuts in a mixing bowl.
Add Gram Flour, Corn Flour, Red Chili Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Turmeric Powder, Salt, and Oil (2 tsp) to it.
Mix it well using a spoon.
Now, add Water to this mixture and prepare a thick batter to it.
Heat some Oil in a Kadai for deep-frying. Make sure the flame is not too high.
Fry the Peanuts in batches.
Take them out in a plate and sprinkle some Chaat Masala Powder on top.
Serve them with a hot cup of tea or store them in an air-tight container.
- When you deep-fry peanuts in hot Oil, do not fry them till they are completely done. Remove them 5-10 seconds before they get the perfect color. The cooking process will continue even after you remove them in a plate.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1255IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3.6mg