Khada Masala Paste Recipe
Khada Masala paste is a useful spice paste, which is often used to offer smooth consistency and texture to the traditional recipes.
Spoons as required
- 6-8 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 6-8 Black Pepper
- 1 Cinnamon
- 3-4 Green Cardamom
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 inch Ginger
- 5-6 Garlic
- 4-5 Red Chillies
- 2-3 Onions roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Oil
Heat a pan on medium flame.
When it turns hot, add some oil to it.
Once the oil heats up, add the chopped Onions and sauté till light brown.
Take them out in a bowl and keep aside.
In the same pan, add some oil again and roast the whole spices in it for a couple of minutes.
Take the spices out in the same bowl and allow it to cool down.
Now, put everything into a grinder and prepare a fine paste out of it. Use water if needed.
- Don't store this paste for long. Always use fresh paste for your recipes.
- You can use this paste for a lot of different curries that require smooth texture, especially when you want to serve such dishes at the restaurants.
- If you want to use the spice mix for later use, make sure you don't use Onions while grinding. Also, don't forget to add a pinch of salt to it. It should help in improving the shelf life of this spice mix.
- If the paste is too spicy to your taste, use Ghee or Clarified Butter in your dish. It will tone down the pungency of the dish.
- You can also use this Khada Masala paste as a marination for Chicken or Paneer.
Calories: 767kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 1297mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1714IU | Vitamin C: 283mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 7mg