Ghavan is a Maharashtrian Rice Crepe, which can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 100 gm Surti Kolam Rice or Dosa Rice soaked in water for 5-6 hours
- 250 ml Water to prepare the batter
- Oil for greasing
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Onion (Optional) to spread Oil across the Tawa
Soak the Rice for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Get a mixer grinder and grind the soaked Rice into a fine paste. Don't forget to add some Water (~ 50 ml) or as needed.
Add Water (200 ml) and Salt to this mixture and mix it well. Make sure you get a very thin consistency for the batter.
Heat a Dosa Tawa on medium-high flame and grease it nicely with some Oil. You may use an Onion, Pastry Brush or Kitchen Paper to grease the pan.
Once the Tawa is hot enough, pour the batter and spread it evenly on the surface.
Cover the Tawa for 2-3 minutes and wait for the Ghavan to cook thoroughly.
When the Ghavan starts leaving the edges, take it out in a plate and serve it with Coriander Chutney or Coconut Ras.
- There is no need to flip this Dosa. You just have to cook it properly on one side.
- You can also make these instant Crepes by soaking the Rice grains for 30-40 mins.
- Use 1:2.5 Rice to Water ratio to prepare a very thin consistency batter.