Methi Thepla Recipe
Methi Thepla is a popular Indian flatbread, and it is considered as one of the best dishes for breakfast.
- 100 gm Whole Wheat Flour (Gehu ka Atta)
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (Dahi)
- 5-6 gm Fenugreek Leaves (Methi ke Patte) roughly chopped
- 1/2 Green Chili (Hari Mirch) finely chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger (Adrak) finely chopped
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (Safed Til)
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- Oil for roasting
- Salt as per taste
- Water for dough preparation
For Dough Preparation
Get a bowl or plate and add the Whole Wheat Flour, Gram Flour, chopped Green Chili, chopped Ginger, Cumin Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, chopped Fenugreek Leaves, Yogurt and Salt to it.
Mix these ingredients thoroughly.
Prepare a dough using Water.
Once the dough is formed, apply a couple of teaspoons of Oil to it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
For Thepla Preparation
Make medium-sized balls out of the dough.
Roll the Theplas using rolling pin.
Turn on the heat and place a Tawa on top of it. Make sure the flame is set to high.
As the Tawa turns hot, roast the rolled Theplas with the help of Oil or Ghee.
Cook the Theplas on both sides and serve them hot with Pickle or Dahi.
- With 100 gm flour mixture, you can easily make 4-5 medium sized Methi Theplas.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3.6mg